exercise IX, Gardiner

You'd think, given the vastness of the internet, it would be possible to come up with a picture of the Poetical Stela of Tuthmosis III, considering there are two examples at Karnak. But Noooººº˚˚˚˚ºººoooOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! What up wid'at?

This is a portion of the text, the better portion. The rest of it is -- I don't know how to put this -- hyperbolic, to understate it at the very least. His dad is talking to Tuthmosis (here called Menkepherre, Tuthmosis is his prenomen)

I'm suddenly sensing harmful chemicals on the tip of my tongue. As if the air is filled with Lysol and bleach. That does it! I'm turning my air fresheners on high and buying a canary. This sort of thing would never have happened in ancient Egypt, that's for sure. But then few of them would make it past thirty anyway.


exercise IX gardiner Egyptian Grammar

No comments: